Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Our brave Pooh ♥ Chloe's surgery day...

Today..was the big day... Surgery day for Pooh.... she was having 3 procedures done at one time..
(1) upper endeoscopy.. to find out the cause of asthma like wheezing that isn't asthma
(2) to remove the extra skin "tags" on her ears...
(3) and finally....tubes in the ears, to hopefully prevent any more ear infections....

We heard from the Dr the day before and Chloe could not eat of drink after 4 am... uugghh with surgery at 230 pm this was going to be a LONG day... I set the alarm and got up at 3 am.. literally woke a sleeping Pooh anda made her eat.... she was a good paitent....a little confused for sure....but she ate.. and then she played and played and played... we tried to have the boys keep her busy so she wouldn't notice she wasn't being fed... we tried to get her to take a nap... but o no, not our pooh....she didn't want to miss a thing...The hospital called and wanted us to come in a little early.. so off she and I went ( after stopping to get hugs and kisses from the boys of course...hehe).
All the kiddos love to ride in those neat little red wagons and Pooh was at first a tad confused about what she was doing in one... but then you can see she got in to it... She took 2 hospital bracelets off...they finally made a 3rd one and put it on her ankle...what a pixie!
I think I was making a funny face at here....hehe...she has "jacob cheeks"...too cute!

Look at her sticking that tongue out!

I can't believe I took this picture.... shortly after we got back to the room, she just fell apart...too tired and hungry... poor thing..

The nurses tried to get her happy again with toys...( she's no pushover )


There you can see a little skin "tag" on her ear...



I tried to snap a pic of us....she was going after MY tag now...hehe

Why can't I look this cute from behind in a hospital gown?

Aww...we got the GOOFY JUICE.. hehe...she's all happy now....Love this!!

Can you tell she's a little stoned??? hehe.. the nurses were fighting over who got to carry her back... some of them remembered me from Jacob's surgery in June....


When I carried her down the hall... with her beloved caterpillar.... you hand her over to a fabulous nurse and they carry them the rest of the way to the operation room.. I have done this many times, with all my babies...for different reasons, but it never gets easier.. that moment, when you hand your baby to them and pray that all goes well...my heart always skips a beat and I admit to just wanting to sit and cry for a minute....

I was so happy to see her again. She was in surgery for about an hour and in recovery for almost an hour before I could go back..



Happily curled up with mommy again...aww... love this!

she has such long and beautiful fingers..
div>div>
We were supposed to spend the night but the Dr. decided that she was doing well enough to go home.. she sacked out as soon as I laid her down... woke up 4 hours later and ate almost continuously for 9 hours!! Hungry girl! She didn't want to nap...was a little cranky and wants to bother her stitches....her ears are still bleeding .... but, she's doing better than yesterday and hopefully she will get a good nights sleep tonight...
She saw me with the camera tonight and flashed us a winning smile!!

Our bravest Pooh... we are all so glad this day is done...she did fantastic and we are all so proud!

2 comments:

Renee' said...

Yeah!! I am glad that she is improving every day. I can't imagine having to hand her off to a nurse. I do believe I would have had a nervous breakdown. When I was little I had to have tube I guess I was about 4 or 5 but I had ear infection monthy and after the tubes the are all gone. As an adult I have had an ear infection one time!!! I don't know if the tubes had anything to do with it but I will take it. OH and when I was in the 12th grade I had to go and have a hole in my eardrum repaired. They said it probably never healed from when my tubes fell out. Can you believe my dr. didn't find that hole unil then?? AND to beat it all it wasn't even him that found it it was a intern that was doing a rotation with him!!! Wild when they blow air in your ear and it comes out your nose!! Hope she continues to get better everyday and that you have seen the last of the ear infections!!

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

She is too precious!

Post a Comment