Thursday, September 17, 2009

Chloe's Post Surgical Visit... Rain.. Stairs & ABR's


Who could not resist this face? Today, Pooh & I were up & out the door {in the pouring rain...again} Early for an 8 am post surgery appointment. We were literally the 1st ones there and Pooh had so much fun in the waiting area...
~ More on that later ~~
This is actually a picture I took of Jacob yesterday, that missed the blog last night... he grabbed my camera and was trying to take pictures..LOL.. the battery had died { thank God for camera phones, right} and as you can see, he needs to work on the technique a bit {ehem}... hehe... he had great fun telling me to "say cheez"

As some of you are aware... it has Rained for 6 days now... wow! .. I am so happy about the cooler temps.. feels fabulous.. Ethan had some fun watching all the rain this afternoon...



~ Now, back to pooh's post surgical appointment.. .she looks Perfect.. the ears & stitches.. are perfect.. she will use steroid breathing treatments if she gets sick again ( like last year ) if it gets really bad, they will go back in and "trim some of the extra skin around her esophogus {sp} away..:(..."
Chloe flunked her Pre Surgery hearing test and we have a history of severe hearing loss on my side ( my mom ) so they really look at my babies ears... they tried another hearing test today and Chloe wanted nothing to do with it... it also is not absolutely clear if she may have a slight hearing loss... as a result... we are having a sedated ABR in the near future {I will have to let you know the date as soon as I am aware }... we did one of these with Ethan, while we were trying to rule out everything else on the road to diagnosing his aprexia. An ABR is a hearing test...very detailed and they do it under sedation... it's very helpful in the little ones, as they don't always cooperate...even knowing all of that..
I am still
not
looking forward
to it
♥ Chloe crawled all the way up the stairs for the first time ♥



This is Pooh at the Dr's again.. she "found herself".. hehe..



Look at her! That face! She cracks me up!!








3 comments:

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

That's wonderful that her visit went well!

And what a big climb up those stairs for such a little one, I bet she was quite proud of herself. :)

Renee' said...

I am so glad that things went well today with Pooh. I had the same problem with hearing loss as a child but when I got tubes it really helped.I still can tell my right ear hears less than the left but I am praying that Pooh does well on her test. I know you hate to see her sedated, anyone would.

The pictures are great. That big ole kiss she is giving herself cracked my up.. I swear that girl gets cuter every day. Hope to talk to ya soon
Renee'

Melody said...

LOVE the "finding herself" photo! That is too cute for words!
Glad the post-op check-up went well but we will continue to pray for you guys as she undergoes her next procedure...keep me posted!
And doggonit...send me some rain!!! LOL!

Post a Comment