Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Shoe shopping

Brandon & I took the little ones Shoe shopping this weekend.. For those of you that don't know...Ethan's Aprexia comes with some mild sensory issues and shoes have always been an issue for him. He has always been willing to only wear crocs and those sorts of shoes.. when he was 2 he refused to wear anything other than aqua socks! I spent the entire summer teaching him to be comfortable around to house without shoes and he is doing amazing! { There isn't a picture of him because he ran down the aisle anytime I tried to take one! stinker...{giggle}...

Pooh found herself... and was sooo very excited...hehe { I saw the cutest little pair of shoes I am going to just HAVE to go back and get her... } Jacob loved LOOKING at all the shoes...BUT.. when the time came to try them on.. o no.. not happening.. After watching his brother and his shoe issues Jacob has developed some shoe issues as well ( sigh ) and to boot {giggle} his foot is super TINY but really really WIDE.. making Crocs honestly the most practical... I tried .. and tried to find a regular shoe that would fit... we went 2 places.. at the last one , I found a pair I thought would work.. and Brandon and I both held him down kicking and screaming... desperately trying to get a shoe on.. he was having none of it... none of it at all...our sweet, mild mannered Jacob was behaving as though we were trying to feed him to the alligators... sigh..

we gave in..

and left...

without shoes...

We will go to the Crocs store next week..


Ethan did find a pair of superman shoe he fell in love with.. I will take him alone ( a special trip ) to get new shoes....

Brandon deserve a medal... { see him there with the shoe sizer }


~ no clerks, small children, bystanders, or shoes were injured during this outing ~

2 comments:

Renee' said...

Bless your heart. Sound like an eventful trip. Thankfully Brandon is such a supper helper and Ethan fel in love with a pair of shoes. I am sure you will both love your special trip to go get superman shoes!! Love your pictures as always.

Jeneen said...

Been there, done that! Know the sensory issues with the feet like the back of my hand! But it does get better over time! We had to go with Stride Right for size X-XW for Zack to find wide enough widths for him too! $$ ugh! But they did have ones with lights on them - and were at least comfy... sigh... I wish you luck, one on one shopping sounds like a good idea! Brandon, YOU ROCK!

Post a Comment