Friday, September 11, 2009

May we never forget...

Photobucket

On this solemn day I wanted to take a moment to reflect upon September 11th... 8 years, that seems like a lifetime. And for me it has been, everything in my life has changes since that day...not because of it... just because of life in general... life...divorce, remarriage, great jobs and friends... memories..babies...funny days and lately, alot of tears.. but these are all things and experiences that those who perished that fateful day... were robbed of... for them... it ended. Sadly, not with grace and dignity.. but with screams, terror and chaos.

I remember where I was that day... I remember hearing on the radio... and then hearing more.. I hurried back to my dad's house and ran in ... telling him to turn the TV on.. we watched.. stunned.. as a Tower fell...Tom Brokaw sat - speechless and then he turned to the camera and said " we just watched 1000's of people die...in an instant"....I don't remember what I said first.. but I remembeer calling my then husband and begging him to go get then 6 year old Brandon out of school and take him to Nana's house....

I remember....being afraid...and feeling o so vunerable...years later, I can look back and still recall that morning with absoluter clarity..

The 1st anniversary.. there were alot of memorials... then the 2nd.. a few less.. and today, it barely got more than a blip on the radar of the constant 24 hr news....this is sad...

this day

should

never

be forgotten

these people...

the innocent

the brave Fire Fighters

they should not be forgotten

we owe it to them

to their families

to remember

to stop for a minute

and thank God that we

still stand


Photobucket



I pray God gives their friends and family Peace..

2 comments:

Renee' said...

Very well said and beautiful. You are so right about it barely getting a blip on the rader compared to what it use to get. I was pregnant with Brittany and was working 12 to 8 so I woke up a little late to this about 9 i guess. I remember the instant of panic that I felt and the tears as the tower fell. I remember thinking to myself..what kind of world am I bringing my daughter into. It certainly changed my thinking of what could happen, and then i remember to turn it over to God or I would be crazy with what if's. Thinking of those who lost there lives, there families the firefighters, paramedics, police officers and many more who lost there lives that day. On this history channel tonight they showed 102 minutes that changed america. You should watch it but it is raw footage and Brittany watched till I made her cover her eyes cause it shows people jumping from the building up close. I could not watch it without tears in my eyes. It really kind of puts you there in the moment and you watch the rescue workers going in to help people knowing they will never return. Very good but bone chilling.

Melody said...

You are so right! It really saddened me that nothing was said on tv...barely anything in the paper. And my boys said, NOTHING was said at school!!! As long as I am alive, this will always be a day of reflection, sadness, and prayer for all those lost that day. I watched The History Channel and all of the specials it ran last night from midnight till 2am. May we never, ever forget. Thank-you for your post. <3

Post a Comment