Monday, October 05, 2009

" I'm fine .. I'll be fine, mommy"

Ethan was so excited this morning... we ahd talked about his new classroom all weekend.. and his new teacher. He was ready... he knew his "class sign" was the elephant..



I got him in the car... pausing just a minute to remember that day, {seems just like yesterday}. That I was taking Brandon...to his 1st day... seems like yesterday..



We made the trip to the school & Ethan told me he was good.



When we got to the school, I decided to skip the car line & take him in.. {after all, it was his 1st day! }



Ethan knew right where he was... he walked with me to his classroom, holding my hand...



He hesitated at the turn and I sat down with him for a minute... I told him it was OK.. I knew he would have a good time.. I gave him a little hug...



He told me " I'm fine mommy"



We turned the corner, and he went straight to his locker, with no direction at all, and put his stuff up.



His teacher met us at the door with a favorite activity... scissors & papers to cut...



Ethan went with her and sat down to cut paper.. he never looked back... I stood there... for awhile...just watching ... my Ethan..





100_5541



When I picked Ethan up ... his teacher let me know.. that... Ethan had a WONDERFUL 1st Day!

He participated in all the activities.... dressed up in pretend play.. he had computer time... he was HAPPY all day...he sat in circle time, with quiet hands... eyes on the teacher..



I can NOT tell you how terribly PROUD we are right now!!



This is on the way to school .....

100_5544




On another note.... Chloe is still not right, her Dr called this morning and wanted me to bring her in. The labs from last week showed an infection but she wanted to confirm. We had to cath her to get a get sample. we are waiting on labs. If it comes back positive then there is a chance she may have the same kidney disease as Jacob. She is already on meds in case she does have a bladder infection. That's one of the symptoms of his kidney disease. When she was born and in the NICU they went ahead and looked at her kidneys but they looked fine at that time. Please pray that they are still, just fine.





1 comments:

Renee' said...

Already hit my knees and prayed for you guys! Surely they would have caught that in the NICU..maybe it is just a simple kidney infection. Hand folded in prayer, fingers and toes crossed! I love the post about Ethan. It brought back many memories of the first day I took Brittany to Kindergarten..we went in and her teacher told another girl to show her what they did in the mornings(they stager start them here) she goes to the desk and that was it no goodbye, not even a glimpse back. You talk about trying to get out of school asap before I made a fool out of myself and started crying. When I got to the car, there I sat sobbing my eyes out and it took me 10 minutes to straighten up to be able to drive. They grow up so fast and become so independent...i miss baby day when they loved to be held and cuddled!!Hope your Tuesday is great. Praying for you and little Pooh.

Post a Comment