Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My brave little Jacob


First of all let me tell you how amazingly TIRED I am...NOW...Jacob had colonoscopy on Monday...he had a very bad reaction ( to what? we were not sure...) and even though the Dr did finally allow me to bring him home...it was with ALOT of reservations. I believe she decided after she realized that I have been dealing with all of this for so long it's old hat now...I really did have the breathing machine, I had the meds, I lived 10 minutes from Pediatricians office... Monday night Jacob sounded worse and worse..he was also literally running into the walls. Tuesday we got up and you could hear him wheezing from across the room...he was literally gasping. I already had the pediatrician appointment so I piled all the kids ( thank goodness I have Brandon this week ) into the van and off we went...When we got to her office, she turned around and just stared. " I can't believe they sent him home sounding like that"...she listened to him breath and his chest I don't know how many times. He was gasping at times. { All of this while Ethan tries to ride her stool around the room and Brandon tries to calm a cranky Chloe }... she was talking "pneumonia".... or "fluid in the lungs".... she gave him steroids and a breathing treatment in her office { she also mentioned that she had never seen him act as out of control as he was that day in her office - he was WAY OUT OF CONTROL } then she sent us for chest xrays....on the other side of town.... so .. back in the car....made sure they all ate something and off we went...There, Dr's were coming out in the hall and freaking out when they heard him wheezing so bad and literally running into the walls.. Where was my Pea? This crazed wheezing child was hurting so bad that I didn't know what to do.... it took 3 of us to hold him down for 3 different sets of xrays....finally....the lungs look clear!! Yea!! So, home we went to await our Dr's call. She called a bit later and decided to keep him on HIGH dose steroids and breathing treatments every 30 minutes and if I even thought something was amiss I was to take him to the ER immediately otherwise I was to go to her office in the morning. Poor jacob was having such a hard time.... We also realized as we spoke to his Dr that what had happened was that when they traced him the tube literally tore him up....his esophagus was all bruised and battered...my poor pea...the insane behavior was due to the high dose steroids ... we did manage to get him settled down but by the 3rd breathing treatments in 1 1/2 hours he let us know he was really DONE with all of this! He slept....fitfully...I slept...little....we woke to a Jacob that sounded a bit better...All back in the car to go back to the Dr...again....she looked him over and noticed right off that he sounded better...no more heavy gasping and little wheezing...she is weaning him off the high dose steroids....{ already he is calming down }..a little antibiotic due to his throat being so read and inflamed....breathing treatments morning,noon and night...and if he sounds "junky" I am to call her.. I need to call her with an update tomorrow....

It's been a LONG day....a LONG week....

I realized in the middle of madness that Chloe was due for her scope at the ENT for possible "floppy tonsil syndrome" and just had to call and reschedule....


We are still awaiting results of the biopsy's but I am praying they give us some answers ....
Tonight he cuddled a bit...took breathing treatments and meds like a big boy and read some new Thomas the Train books with Ethan...he seemed to be feeling a little better...
I am glad...I hate it when my Pea is down....those of you that have been blessed to really see him know that he is rarely "down".....
Pea is on the mend ... we are home tomorrow.. and I am forever grateful that we are blessed to have such an amazing Dr!! And one amazing Pea!


0 comments:

Post a Comment