Wednesday, April 22, 2009

These are 2 of my boys....

With so much attention going to Chloe these days and Ethan getting so much for his amazing progress in Speech, I sometimes worry that Jacob and Brandon fly under the radar, so to speak. So I am making a little post, just for them.

BRANDON


When I look at Brandon, I just can't believe that he is almost 14! Just yesterday he was the baby. The first one I ever took home and people will tell you that I never put him down until he could walk! He is amazing. For years, it was just he & I. Precious memories for both of us. He was always there, during some of my toughest years ( long before Brian & the babies ) he was always by my side. We survived, together. We had nothing, and found something, all together. He is an amazing older brother. Brandon has a completely hands on relationship with all the babies. I love watching him hold Chloe.... he has taught Ethan WORDS... the boys love to play with him and Brandon knows how to hold their hands to cross the parking lot, refill the sippy cups, he understands every word Ethan says and tries to say. Brandon can and does buckle the boys into the car seats, correctly....
Now, don't get me wrong..Brandon is not perfect - after all he is a teenager..LOL... he can have a rotten tone of voice, he sometimes talks back, he often misses the laundry basket and has been grounded for months now... he doesn't complain. His Dad has high standards and Brandon works hard to meet them...he eats nonstop... and don't get me started on the 45 minute excuses for why he didn't do better on a test or was late to class... LOL... but, when I look at him, I just see that little kid who sat on the floor and handed me the Kleenex when I cried. Brandon is my munchkin.. he is my first Hero...


JACOB



Our ( not so ) little "Pea"... Jacob was a marshmallow baby.. and now the most accurate way to describe him is to say that if the stay puffed marshmallow man hit a mac truck...you would have Jacob! He is big and loud all the while being so hug gable. The best little kisses, he's got the greatest pucker! Those eyes, those cheeks, that hair!! He will have girls swooning!! ( I dread those days - LOL )
Jacob tries to do everything Ethan does and does it all. He loves to run and planes and is addicted to trains. Jacob is the one who always has sticky fingers, and doesn't care if he is dirty ( Ethan is the diva ) .... He is one of the happiest people. Always smiling and laughing. Very affectionate. Jacob was born with kidney disease requiring constant watch. Daily medications and twice yearly (often painful) tests and sonograms... he has food allergies, eczema and unexplained rashes ( that blister and bleed... PAIN ) we are headed to the GI Dr about those in 2 weeks... But you rarely hear complaints..he just makes himself happy and content no matter where he is. I wish we could all be like that. Jacob is such an amazing little man. This is the one that will literally stand in the door of the refrigerator and talk to the food! We love watching him run, and play, he learns something everyday...he is all at once, afraid of nothing and a mommies boy.... Jacob will go far and we can't wait to see what he does tomorrow, knowing Jacob it's going to be funny!!

I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into the oldest and the youngest of my boys...Ethan is our Peach and I will make a post just for him soon.

2 comments:

Together We Save said...

So sweet. I love the slode show that comes up at the bottom of the post page.

Munchkin said...

Brandon says "IM STILL GROUNDED!! I HEARD THE HANNAH MONTANA MOVIE WAS REALLY GOOD AND MADE ALOT OF MONEY.... WHY GOD, WHY?"

Post a Comment