Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nine Years

Nine years
Is a long time
I waited
Ahem...many people waited
For THIS man
to come HOME

HE was a Dallas Star
He won Stanley with us
One of the BEST

In a stupid, stupid move
Dallas traded him
to New Jersey
where he has been for almost NINE years

He was their Captain
He was the Captain of the United States Olympic Hockey team last year
He won the silver medal
We were proud
Dang proud

He won Stanley again in New Jersey
I wept
We lost
But he won

I prayed
and
prayed
and begged
and dreamed
of the day he would return

THEN one day last week
HE CAME HOME!!!

After almost NINE years

JAMIE LANGENBRUNNER is a DALLAS STAR again
and now everyone can stand up and do the Happy Dance
I did
Yep, I did...
I'll have to tell you about it sometime
not now

This picture... I took this
nifty isn't it?

It's of the very first time Langie ( as we old time Stars fans still call him)
stepped on the Stars Ice
to play his first game
at HOME
in almost NINE years...

Yes, even in hockey...we weep...sometimes.. not often...but it happens.. not so much the players..
Well, unless you WEAR Number 9. But that's a post for another day...

WELCOME HOME JAMIE LANGENBRUNNER!!!!

You were missed! We are delirious with JOY you are back.... now never leave us again!

Onward we go..... we have a CUP to win this year:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment